This is a typical chetinadu dish that mom used to make for breakfast.This is one of my favourite breakfast, and we like to have this with the FriedGram chutney.This is made from the Idli batter and use a special vessel for it called as Paniyaram chati. You can get it here .
Finelly chopped Onion -1 medium onion
Finelly chopped Green Chillies - 4
Finelly chopped Curry and Corinder Leaves - 1 1/2tbsp
Mustard seeds - 3/4tsp
Urad dal - 1tsp
1) Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds and curry leaves and allow it to crackel
2) Then add the chillies and onions and sauté for a few minutes.
3) Add this sautéed mixture to the idli batter and mix well.
4) Heat the Kuli Paniyaram Chatti and add little oil in each hole and pour 1 spoon
of batter in each hole.
5) Cook them on both the sides.
FriedGram - 1 cup
Greenchillies - 4-5
Garlic - 3-4 pods
Tamarind - a small grape sized
Salt - To taste
Mustard seeds - 1/4tsp
Curry leaves - 5-6leaves
Urad dal - 1/4tsp
Hing - a pinch
1) Grind togther all the ingrediants for the chutney to a smooth paste along with the salt.
2) Do the tadaka and add it to the chutney.