I planned to make Paneer Butter masala for chapatti. This is such a tasty dish that I never forget to have during my visit to the restaurants. Here is how I made it.. .The following method is for serving 2.
Fried paneer - 1 whole packet that we get in indian grocery stores.
Onion - 1 1/2 medium sized ( blanched and pureed)
Tomato puree - 3tbsp
Ginger - Garlic paste - 3/4 tsp
Cashewnut paste - 2tbsp
KashmiriChilliPowder- 2tsp(This chilli powder is very mild and gives color to the
dish. I use them in most of my dishes.)
Coriander Powder-1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 3/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1/4tsp
Fresh Cream - 1 cup
Butter - 2tbsp
Initial Preparation:- Initial preparation is a little time consuming.But after this its really very simple and easy to make..
1) If you are using the paneer loaf, then cut them into cubes and fry them in oil or ghee till they turn light brown in colour.Then soak these paneer cubes in hot water for about 1/2 an hour so as to make them soft. If you are using the fried paneer that we get in indian grocery stores then u can directly place them in hot water and allow it to stay for half an hour to make it soft.
2) Soak about 1 1/2 tbsp of cashewnuts in water for about 2 hrs and grind them to a paste. This paste makes the gravy rich in taste.
3) Blanch the onion cut into pieces for about 15mts. If you are using microwave for blanching then keeep the onions for about 10mts on high. And puree them.
1) Heat butter in a kadai and add the onion puree and saute till they turn light brown in color.(This is also known as brown paste)
2) Add Ginger-Garlic paste to the brown paste mixture and saute for sometime.
3) Then add the Kashmirichillipowder, coriander powder, cashewpaste, tomato puree, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt and saute for sometime.
4) Add the soaked paneer cubes, little water and allow it to cook till the gravy becomes semi-solid.
5) Finally garnish it with freshcream.
Serve it with chapathi ,poori, naan , parata.