This recipe i learnt from my MotherInLaw. Anything she makes has a lovely taste . This is how she makes it..
Basmathi Rice- 1 1/2 cup
FrenchBeans - 1/2 cup(cut length wise)
Carrot - 2 medium sized(cut length wise)
Potato - 1 (cut length wise)
Green Peas - 1/4 cup
Onion - 2 medium sized(cut length wise)
Curd - 1 Tbsp
Redchillipowder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2tsp
Black Cardamom - 2
Bay leaf -2
Lemon Juice - 1 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Coconut -2 Tbsp
Green chillies - 8-10
Saunf- 1/2 tsp
GreenElachi - 1
Garlic - 15 pods
1) Wash and soak the Basmati Rice for 15mts.Then fry the rice with little ghee and keep it aside.
2) Grind to a smooth paste of all the ingrediants for grinding.
3) Heat Oil and Ghee in a pressure cooker, add the saunf, black elachi, bay leaf, clove and allow it to crakcle
4) Then add the onions and fry till the they turn pink.Then add the cut and washed vegetables and saute for 2 minutes
5) Add the Grinded masala and fry till the raw smell goes.
6) Then add the curd along with Redchilliepowder,turmeric powder and salt and saute for sometime.
7) Add the rice and mix well. Then add 2 3/4 cup of water, lemon juice and pressure cook the biriyani for 2 whistles(dont keep it for more than 2 whistles as the rice will become mushy)
Serve hot with Onion Raita
This is my entry for Paz's From My Rasoi #6 - For the Love of Rice