I got the inspiration of making puff after i read Archana's Spicy Meat Puff. I had a doubt as to where we would get the pastry sheets, and again it was cleared by Vineela and LG, thanks vineela and thanks LG. I found them and decided i will treat my little one and vinodh with this..I remember how much vinodh used to like them when we were in india. Every time the weather used to be gloomy he use to ask me if we could have a veg puff and a cup of hot coffee..What a treat isin't? But after coming out of india, never got the same taste that we used to eat.. This is how i made it..
Puff Pastry Sheet:- 1Pk( It has 2 sheets)
Onion - 1 medium sized(cut length wise)
French Beans- 100gms
Peas - 1/4cup(boiled)
Carrot - 1 (grated)
Beetroot- 1 (grated)
Ginger - 1/2 tsp(grated)
GreenChillies - 3(finely chopped)
Paneer- 10-15 cubes
Redchilli Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garammasla Powder - 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Ajinomotto- 1/4 tsp
Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
1) Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
2) Add grated ginger, finely chopped green chillies, turmeric and onion Cut length and fry till the onions turn golden brown.
3) Soak the fried paneer in hot water for about 1/2hr and scrumble and keep it aside
4) Add the vegetables in the following order beans, peas, carrot and beetroot and saute for sometime.
5) Add coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powders,Ajinomoto and salt. Then add the scrambled paneer and saute for 3 minuts
5) Cover and reduce the heat and allow it to cook.
6) Thaw the pastry sheets and unfold . If necessary roll pin over the pastry sheets to make them even.
7) Cut the pastry sheets into square pieces and place the filling in the middle and cover the end with the other end . Press the ends tightly in order to seal them. You can use water to seal .
8) Preheat the oven at 350°F and place the puffs in baking tray and bake them for about 30 minutes or till the crust turns golden brown in color. Serve hot.