This payasam is our favourite.This is made out of dal and is quite easy to make too..This is how it is made.
Bengal Gram- 1/2 cup
Moong dal- 3/4 cup
Powdered Jaggery - 1 cup
Sugar- 2 Tbsp
Grated Coconut - 3 Tbsp
Milk - 3 cups
Water- 1 cup
Cashews - 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 1Tbsp
1) Soak Both the dals together for an hour
2) Pressure cook the dals along with 2 cups of milk and 1 cup of water for just two whistle.
3) In the mean time, dissolve the jaggery in little water by placing them on the gas top.This helps the jaggery to dissolve fast..
4) Once the jaggery is completly dissolved, strain them and keep it aside.
5) Heat ghee in a kadai, fry the cashews till golden brown and keep it aside.
6) Mix the jaggery water along with fried cashews, sugar, 1 cup of milk to the cooked dal and Bring it to boil and simmer it to thicken it.
7) Finally add the grated coconut and Serve Cold.