Punjabi food is rich in texture & taste.The food is usually thick, creamy and ghee or butter is used abundantly. The cuisine is so versatile that sometimes Indian food is associated with Punjabi cuisine.Im so happy that i could take part in the RCI event.
Aloo Mutter is one of the famous dish from punjab.The recipes of this is as follows and ofcourse i have add my own way to cook it fast by pressure cooking it. But actual recipe calls for slow cooking ..
Potatoes(medium sized) - 2 cubed
GreenPeas-1/2 cup Oil - 4 Tbsp
Onion (medium) - 1 1/2(chopped roughly)
Tomatoes- 2 (Pureed)
Ginger,Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Whole dry red chilli - 1(broken to half)
Bay leaves - 2
Cinnamon stick- 1"
Badi Elachi - 1 (crushed)
Coarsly ground coriander seeds -1/2 tsp (not in form of the coriander powder)
Garam masala - a pinch
Kashmiri Chili Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Amachur Powder - 1 tsp
Kitchen King masala - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Water- 1 cup
Creame - 2 Tbsp( i used half & half milk instead of creame)
Chopped Coriander leaves
1) Heat 1Tbsp of oil in a kadai and fry the onions till brown.Cool it and make a puree of it.
2) Heat remaining oil in a pressure pan. Add all the spices to it and allow it to fry till a good fragance arise.
3) Add ginger garlic paste and saute for sometime.Then add the pureed onion to it and fry till it turns slight brown in color.
4) Add the tomatoe puree and fry for sometime.Add all the masala powders and saute till it leaves oil.
5) Now add peas and potatoe cubes and fry well.
6) Stir in creame
7) Add enough water,salt and Pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles.
Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti or naan.
This is my contribution to the RCI punjab Hosted by Richa of 'As dear as Salt'.